The Steitz family have been making wine since the XVth century alongside other agricultural crops. At the turn of the millennium, Christian Steitz modernized the late farm and placed the Steitz winery at the top of the most renowned wine guides and international awards through active innovation and full quality focus.
The Rheinhessen vineyards are perfectly suited for production of a range of varieties, including Riesling, Sylvaner and Pinots, thanks to the region’s old volcanic soils that are extremely rich in minerals. Located in the small winegrowing village of Stein-Bockenheim, the vineyards are protected by the Donnersberg mountain range and are carefully tended organically.
All wines possess great character, fruit purity and excellent acidity. They are an absolute joy and illustrate how German wines deserve to be revisited.
A few cases for Monday after work should do the trick…
Products of Steitz
- Steitz Eichelberg Spatburgunder Barrique 2017Price £29.99
- Steitz Grauburgunder Gutswein White 2020Price £16.09
- Steitz Neu-Bamberg Riesling 2019Price £20.69
- Steitz Orange Zéro RS 2018Price £22.79
- Steitz Pinot Sekt Brut NVPrice £25.29
- Steitz Rosé 2020Price £14.89
- Steitz Sauvignon Blanc Gutswein 202025%
- Steitz Spatburgunder Gutswein 2020Price £16.79