Lying between Ukraine and Romania, with a winemaking history going back 5,000 years, with vineyards located at a latitude similar to Burgundy’s and with a moderate continental climate influenced by the Black Sea, it should come as no surprise that Moldovan wines are amassing award upon award of late.
It is therefore no small feat that Fautor has been the country’s most awarded winery year on year since 2017, collecting no less than 10 medals at the International Wine and Spirit Competition 2021 alone.
Established at the end of the 20th century, Fautor is a proud grower of both international and indigenous varieties located in the southern area of “Valul lui Traian”. A winery of high innovation, Ruxanda Lipcan has ensured a wide array of different cuvees from everyday easy drinking wines to more serious premium cuvees, as well as Late Harvest Editions and Ice Wine. Not content with only producing varietal wines, Fautor is recognised for its unusual, exciting blends of indigenous and international grapes.
Products of Fautor
- Fautor 310 Altitudine Chardonnay Feteasca Regală 2020Price £8.59
- Fautor 310 Altitudine Merlot Rară Neagră 2019Price £11.19
- Fautor 310 Altitudine Sauvignon Blanc Aligote 202025%
- Fautor Aurore Albariño – Sauvignon Blanc 201925%
- Fautor Aurore Feteasca Regală 2019Price £11.99
- Fautor Aurore Pinot Grigio 201925%
- Fáutor Ice Wine Traminer Muscat Ottonel 2016, 37.5 clPrice £27.49
- Fautor Illustro Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot 2015Price £26.99