This month we’re shining a light on Grüner Veltliner: the most important white wine variety in Austria is the Grüner Veltliner by far!
The largest areas under cultivation are in Lower Austria and northern Burgenland . Vinified as a DAC wine typical of its origin, Grüner Veltliner has an important position in several wine-growing regions. The area under cultivation decreased in the period from 1999 to 2020, but still dominates the Austrian wine-growing area. See our favourite wines from this variety below.
- Schloss Gobelsburg Eiswein 2016, 37.5 cl30%
- Winzerhof Sax Grüner Veltliner Kamptal DAC 2019Price £14.49
- Chateau Bela, Egon Muller Grüner Veltliner Ice Wine 2016, 50 clPrice £68.39
- Faber & Köchl Organic Grüner Veltliner Ried Saazen 2019Price £19.79
- Hochdeutsch Rosé Blossom 2020Price £16.29
- Johannes Trapl Organic Grüner Veltliner 202025%
- Karl Fritsch Organic Grüner Veltliner Wagram 202025%
- Weinbau Straka Organic Grüner Veltliner Amphore, DAC Eisenberg 2018Price £21.89
- Weingut Kirnbauer Grüner Veltliner Alte Rebe 201925%